Friday, August 13, 2010

Terrible Two

Before my son was born, I read a lot about the Terrible Two. The way they explained it,  it is some kind of a juvenile Jekyll and Hyde . '' Beware! ..when the moon finally made its 24th cycle of the earth, when the little precious one turned the dreaded age of 2 ...your sweet little baby will transformed into a horrible little monster, capable of mass destruction and chaos!!...Be warned!''

They made it look like its something unimaginably bad..its the phase that made moms almost swear off being pregnant again..its something that made your house looks like a fortress with everything locked up and glued, screwed in, taped over, covered and hidden.  Experienced mothers would warn me... 'ooh wait until he's two, Dearie, then you won't have to diet to lose weight..you'll lose weight just by being around him'..


 I was kinda worried about it..and so, when Rique entered that age, well......Was the article right, you ask?.....was it like what they say? well.....yes and no.....its not the screaming-and-breakdancing-on-the-floor-until-Mom-gives-what-I want, kinda behaviour, in which I was kinda expecting,...well, here's an example :-

..Rique was playing with the water dispenser, pressing
buttons and watching the water poured out..I took his right 
hand off the button, he pressed it instead with his left hand, I let 
go of his right hand and grabbed his left hand, his right hand
went to the button and as he tried to pull his left hand from mine, 
which was freed just as I was trying to grab his right hand, and 
the left went to the button, I grabbed that hand and took it off the 
button, he managed to put his right free hand under the water 
before it stopped, wetting it. I grabbed the wet right hand to wipe it, 
freeing his left hand, in which it moved to the button again and
pressing it, I grabbed the left to stop the water, and somehow 
right hand got free, and on the button it goes, I grabbed both
hands, and tried to pull him away, he tried 
to use his FEET instead..lifting it high up..


This happened in a very quick succession, less than a minute. From afar, it might looked like we're having some kind of Shaolin Kung Fu Master & Apprentice practice on an intricate hand combat technique....with a water dispenser.

He didnt cry or say anything throughout this..but he's doing it with extreme determination on his face.

 So, I dont know.

CONCLUSION: That calm and methodical way were waaaay scarier than screaming and crying


No comments:

Post a Comment

..aaand what do you have to say about this?